Part-time Employment in Indianapolis, Indiana 46260
- Create a holistic and healthful environment for patients and focus on helping them to improve all areas of their lives while in treatment.
- Motivates patients to develop and achieve quality recovery and unlock their full potential by emphasizing the benefits of regular physical activity and recreation, healthy eating habits, strength and vitality as well as personal responsibility and proper self-care.
- Manage and/or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services.
- Services/job tasks will be part of the overall patient treatment plan, and would be documented as part of the medical record.
- Design and implement exercise/wellness programs and routines for patients based on their goals, personal needs and physical capabilities.
- Schedule healthy activities incentivizing patients to engage in these pursuits as opposed to unhealthy activities like smoking.
- Counsel patients on a group and individual basis on health and wellness activities to include physical exercise, structured recreational activities, meditation, yoga, nutrition etc.
- Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, or general fitness of participants. Teach classes in area of specialization.
- Supervise classes, activities, etc. which will be part of the daily schedule and off-site activities, including hiking, outside fitness etc.
- Responsible for planning, management, and monitoring of related health and wellness components such as nutrition, smoking cessation, etc.
- Maintains daily communication with the clinical staff regarding patient behavior and attitude during health/fitness/wellness activities, and believes that this level of cohesion is imperative to the patient’s recovery.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness.
- Conduct needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Track cost-containment strategies and programs to evaluate effectiveness. Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Maintain wellness and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports. Schedule activities or facility use.
- Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, strength training, or aquatics, ensuring diversity of class offerings.
- Recommend new program or service offerings to promote wellness and fitness, produce revenues, or minimize costs.
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Demonstrate proper operation of fitness equipment, such as resistance machines, cardio machines, free weights or fitness assessment devices.
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- Use computer skills and software to manage data bases, or publish newsletters or provide webinars.
Education and Experience:
Required Certified Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor from an NCCA accredited organization (ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA etc.)
Required CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
Previous drug and alcohol experience or previous experience in group fitness or personal training.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those of whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices or clinics. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260