Recovery Support Specialist
Full Time Permanent
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is a ground-breaking addiction and mental health treatment provider, setting the standard when it comes to accessible, affordable, and effective care. RCA understands the heartache, damage, and pain substance use disorder causes a person as well as their family and friends. Not only do we believe that addiction treatment should be affordable, accessible, and evidence-based, but our driven, compassionate, and dedicated employees make those beliefs a reality! This is where you come in.
As a Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) at RCA, you’ll be a part of our inspiring mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your passion for fighting back against the disease of addiction will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
Recovery Support Specialists assist patients with daily living activities, lead patients in educational and recreational activities, and accompany patients to and from examinations and treatments. They deliver direct, individual client care through compassionate peer support.
- Assists substance abuse, mental health, and emotionally vulnerable patients, working under direction of the CEO, while supporting nursing and medical staff
- Monitors patient activities providing safety checks throughout shift by completing rounds by the appropriate level of care either electronically or paper rounds
- Ensures patients’ safety, interacting therapeutically
- Assists with verbal de-escalation as well as Against Advice interventions
- Performs admissions including a person’s search, heat treatment, and patient belongings search and documentation; also includes processing of drop-offs and mail
- Monitors patient activities at all times including groups, recreational activities, free time, fresh air breaks, outings, etc.
- Assists with all aspects of visitation program, whether in-person or virtual including greeting, sign-in, orientation, search and belongings processing
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience in health and human service, social work or peer support-related field preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Understands need for and maintains some familiarity with behavior modification or 12-step modality
Job Location: RCA at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260