Full Time Permanent
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is a ground-breaking addiction and mental health treatment provider, setting the standard when it comes to accessible, affordable, and effective care. RCA understands the heartache, damage, and pain substance use disorder causes a person as well as their family and friends. Not only do we believe that addiction treatment should be affordable, accessible, and evidence-based, but our driven, compassionate, and dedicated employees make those beliefs a reality! This is where you come in.
As a Substance Abuse Counselor at RCA, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your clinical and social work expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement evidence-based techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities. Our Substance Abuse Counselors pave the way in various therapy settings, teach patients to overcome the past, and provide the skills and strategies needed to overcome addiction.
The Substance Abuse Counselor plans, directs, and coordinates therapeutic programs for patients in RCA substance abuse treatment centers. Inspire and motivate clients and help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
As an RCA Substance Abuse Counselor, you will:
- Be a part of a positive, solutions-focused team looking to help those struggling with the disease of addiction
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced treatment environment
- Enjoy our engaging, positive culture
- Constantly learn and establish your clinical skills
- Conduct individual and group therapy
- Inspire and motivate clients to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
- Assist clients to develop treatment goals and plans; help identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
- Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
- One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
- Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient.
- Must obtain clearances (child abuse, FBI, fingerprints)
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required
- Licensure as an LPC, LCPC, LSW, LCSW, LMHC preferred
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
- Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
·Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: RCA at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260