Patient Engagement Specialist
Full Time Permanent
The Patient Engagement Specialist is responsible for working with, and coordinating, various facility teams to ensure an appropriate length of stay for each patient, prevent premature discharges, educate all new patients on the benefits and expectations of treatment and provide liaison services between patients and staff when need (making connections). Work schedule Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday, encompassing the hours of 10am to 10pm on the weekends and a total of 28 hours on the three weekdays inclusive of 1pm to 9pm.
- Maintain the against advice discharge rate at less than 15%.
- Meet with all patients within 24 hours of admissions and lead the new patient orientation process.
- Facilitate at least two daily support/inspiration/education groups to new and high-risk patients.
- Meet with all patients again at step down from detox to residential LOC.
- Meet individually with all detox only patients in coordination with the clinical team to work to extend length of care as appropriate.
- Meet with high-risk patients individually and in small informal groups daily with the goal of developing working relationships and further engaging them in treatment.
- Assist in patient care with a focus on actively engaging patients in daily treatment, assimilating patients to the RCA community and preventing against advice discharges.
- Coordinate the against advice discharge process.
- Communicate updates regarding all high-risk patients to the clinical team on a nightly basis.
- Assist the clinical team with family engagement and education.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred supervisory experience in a health/human service-related field but must have at least 6 months experience in a health/human service-related field for consideration.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Thorough knowledge of the 12 steps, MAT options, family engagement and the patient experience. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Job Location: RCA at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260