Outpatient Clinical Assessor (IN)
Full Time Permanent
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is a ground-breaking addiction and mental health treatment provider, breaking the mold when it comes to accessible and affordable care. RCA was founded because we understand the heartache, damage, and pain addiction causes those suffering from substance use disorder as well as their family and friends. We not only believe that addiction treatment should be affordable, accessible, and evidence-based, we make those beliefs a reality with our driven, compassionate, and dedicated employees! This is where you come in.
A fully remote position, the Clinical Assessor at Recovery Centers of America conducts clinical assessments via telehealth to determine the proper level of care for our substance abuse and mental health patients.
Hours: 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Support collaboration and communication with RCA inpatient staff and RCA outpatient staff for scheduling step-down assessments
- Attend weekly IP case management meetings to ensure proper step-down, and scheduling of assessments
- Schedule clients and ensure financial responsibilities are reviewed
- Understands and educates clients and staff on RCA’s continuum of care
- Complete individualized treatment plan goals and objectives within designated timeframes
- Update assessment trackers daily and communicate any noticeable trends to the supervisor
- Actively participate in the development and assessment of individual treatment and service plans
- Complete intake Biopsychosocial Assessments, including all electronic forms required by RCA and/or third-party payors and evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction severity, and/or problem behavior. Assess their readiness for treatment and articulate clinical rationale for recommended level of care
- Utilize recognized evidence-based therapeutic modalities, such as CBT, DBT, 12-Step, psychoanalytic, motivational interviewing, and stages of change
- Is familiar with Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) and can objectively discuss options with clients
- Knowledge of all continuums of care, including admission assessment and continued stay criteria
- Conducts Urine Drug Screens and breathalyzer
- Review new client clinicals with treatment team.
- Act as an advocate for all clients when working with external providers and speaking on their behalf
- Performs Utilization Review tasks, completes utilization reviews, and communicates all utilization issues that may compromise client’s treatment immediately to treatment team
- Documents all work in the RCA Electronic Health Record, Avatar
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Education, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, or another related human services field required
- Licensure as an LMHC or LCSW required.
- Prior experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse setting serving culturally diverse populations required
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR) preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks
- Knowledge of ASAM criteria, dual diagnosis and experience working with the mental health population
LMHC and LCSW
Job Location: RCA at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260