Full Time Permanent
As a Nurse Practitioner at Recovery Centers of America, you’ll be a part of our inspiring mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your expertise as a Nurse Practitioner will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques that will make a real difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities. Working under the supervision of the Medical Director and his/her physician designees, the Nurse Practitioner provides care for patients with substance use disorders who are 18 years and older, including pregnant women.
- Perform initial history and physical assessment of acute medical and psychiatric concerns
- Interim management of chronic illnesses for the duration of the patient’s treatment at the RCA facility
- After-hours on call coverage for admissions and other patient care concerns.
- Follow established nursing standards, procedures, and practices and may provide written and verbal orders to nursing staff for labs, medications and other treatments deemed necessary.
- Work in an inpatient or outpatient situation and will perform independently and as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, current state license.
- State Registered Nurse Practitioner required
- 5-7 years nursing experience, five years’ experience in substance abuse preferred
- Knowledge of medical health care diagnoses and terminology, detoxification procedures, the diseases of addiction and substance abuse disorders, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria and terminology.
Job Location: RCA at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260