N00028 – Registered Nurse RN
"I love my job because I feel like I have a voice. The leadership team is always willing to give a helping hand or an ear to listen to my concerns." — Jessica D., RCA LPN
"The atmosphere in RCA is different, it’s like family. People care, people smile, people love what they do and I think that makes all the difference when you walk into work every day. I have the opportunity to help people become whole again. I work with talented nursing, clinical and administrative staff who work around the clock to help the clients achieve that same goal," -Ashley B., RCA LPN
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As an LPN, RN, or Nurse Practitioner, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques which will make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
* Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
* Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
* Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical status of patients and recommends treatment options.
* Consults with medical and other behavioral healthcare staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients.
* Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
* Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
* Assists the client in understanding the nature of the disease of addiction and the need for treatment.
* Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients
* Tests for vital signs of pain and ensures treatment of pain.
* Documents all patient information on medical charts and follows physician’s written orders.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations, and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
* Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by responding to requests for service or making appropriate referrals in a timely manner.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
* Up to date and active nursing license in the state where this individual is delivering care
* 2 years of experience in behavioral healthcare, addiction services or five years of supervisory experience is preferred.
* Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders and DSM criteria and terminology.
* Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
* Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; thorough knowledge of facility proprietary systems.
* Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Registered nurses are expected to remain prepared for working long hours. They may also have to work on weekends, holidays and even during night shifts. They are supposed to work closely with the patients.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260