"I feel very appreciated at my job; my team works well together to achieve a vision and I’m proud to be a part of it. Everyone has love and empathy for our patients. We let patients know we care and help them get through the day or even just the next moment. My boss takes the time to listen to me, encourages me and trusts me." Sabia M, Medical Assistant.
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
* Obtain health related information from newly admitted patients as indicated.
* Assist in the performance of medical safety searches.
* Ensure patient and environmental safety per monitoring processes, e.g., Unit Safety and Patient Rounds.
* Maintain a clean, safe environment for facility personnel, patients and their families.
* Stock and maintain nursing units with necessary supplies.
* Provide the Licensed Nurse with patient information to assist him/her in the daily evaluation and planning of patient care.
* Report significant findings: e.g., notable changes in patient’s physical or mental condition to licensed personnel.
* Under the direction of a licensed professional, assist in provision of care as indicated in the interdisciplinary treatment/ recovery plan.
* Closely monitor patients on special observational status; report and record behavioral changes.
* Assist patient with ADLs as needed.
* Collect and label laboratory specimens as directed in the policy and procedure manual.
* Implement the mission, values and philosophy of the nursing department in all aspects of patient care delivery.
* Assist the licensed nurse in the implementation of the nursing process to patient care.
* Perform all duties in a cost-efficient manner by the judicious use of supplies and the safe guarding of equipment.
* Assist the licensed nurse with patient/family teaching as directed.
* Participate in performance improvement and quality assurance activities.
* Utilize effective communication skills in interacting with all consumers, including patients, their families and members of the multidisciplinary team. Reports changes state to the licensed nurse.
* Assist in orientation of new personnel.
* Develop a rapport with co-workers that is conducive to effective teamwork and patient care.
* Current State CMA certification. Acceptable standing with the Nurse Aide Registry as applicable and one-year experience working with addiction services;
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260