Position Overview: The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, financial reporting and analysis and other special projects as assigned. The position will work under the administrative direction of the finance team and report directly to the Controller.
- Responsible for the day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Partner with supervisor and site leadership in site budget preparation.
- Work closely with site leadership.
- Investigate and report to the manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the sites’ performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Review general ledger coding of AP transactions, expense reports, purchasing card recs, etc. related to sites.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
- Other special projects as requested.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260