Certified Medical Assistant
Full Time Permanent
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) performs administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of licensed personnel. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties of a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by licensed personnel.
- Obtain health related information from newly admitted patients as indicated.
- Assist in the performance of medical safety searches.
- Ensure patient and environmental safety per monitoring processes, e.g., Unit Safety and Patient Rounds.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for facility personnel, patients and their families.
- Stock and maintain nursing units with necessary supplies.
- Provide the Licensed Nurse with patient information to assist him/her in the daily evaluation and planning of patient care.
- Report significant findings: e.g., notable changes in patient’s physical or mental condition to licensed personnel.
- Under the direction of a licensed professional, assist in provision of care as indicated in the interdisciplinary treatment/ recovery plan.
- Closely monitor patients on special observational status; report and record behavioral changes.
- Assist patients with ADLs as needed.
- Collect and label laboratory specimens as directed in the policy and procedure manual.
- Implement the mission, values and philosophy of the nursing department in all aspects of patient care delivery.
- Assist the licensed nurse in the implementation of the nursing process to patient care.
Education and Experience:
- Current State Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification is a requirement
- Acceptable standing with the Nurse Aide Registry as applicable
- At least one year of experience working with addiction services
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
Job Location: RCA at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260