Business Development Officer – KY, Louisville Territory
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the VP of Business Development, the Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible to establish, maintain and develop relationships with referents as well as identify new business opportunities within assigned territory. Additionally, the Business Development Officer is responsible for working with all facets of the treatment experience for a patient, their family and any and all referral sources.
Customer Relationship Management: Engages customers interactively using technology, marketing, and customer services with the goal of improving business relationships with customers, assisting in customer retention and driving sales growth.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Adaptability: Changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to help patients, families and all referents in the transition to treatment
- Establishes, maintains and develops relationships with referents in assigned territories
- Compiles competitive data and analyzes within assigned geographical region
- Takes an active and collaborative role as a member of the sales team
- Acts as a liaison between program staff and referents
- Conducts presentations to highlight company services offered
- Submits timely Salesforce data, expense reports, annual strategic plans and quarterly strategic plan updates
- Attends industry related trade shows as assigned
- Attends and participates in all marketing meetings and calls
- Adheres to department and company policies and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to state and federal confidentiality regulations
- Meets and exceeds established targeted goals
- Continuously works with supervisor to enhance region
- Works cohesively with operations and all team members
- Participates and completes necessary training
- Provide weekly schedule to supervisor
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years’ experience in behavioral health or the addiction treatment marketing & outreach industry.
- Valid driver’s license required; all required RCA training upon hire date
- Demonstrates proven sales and closing skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office products as well as Salesforce
- Passion for helping those in recovery
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the sale of products and/or services to multiple management layers of a hospital and/or health systems
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Displays tact in dealing with staff and management team
- Willingness to be flexible in adjusting to new and changing situations
- Clinical or Addiction experience a plus
- Past experience with Pharmaceutical start-up highly desirable
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260