Assistant Recovery Support Supervisor
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the RSS Supervisor the RSS Assistant Supervisor provides additional overview of the activities of the Recovery Support staff, including shift leaders and ensures schedule adherence and conformity to all policies and procedures.
- Supervises the activities of a group of Recovery Support Specialists and provides direction.
- Maintains schedules and ensures the group adheres to time and attendance policies.
- Monitors patients, provides security checks through shift, completes documentation to include but not limited to logbooks, incident reports, shift reports and general operational or safety-related matters, and monitors patient’s activities and records patient behavior.
- Demonstrates and leads as an example in setting professional and recovery-specific boundaries.
- Splits on-call duties with RSS Supervisor to ensure leadership presence and availability across all shifts, seven days a week.
- Reports back directly to RSS Supervisor any urgent or emergent issues and collaborates on a weekly basis at minimum to maintain fidelity and best practices in patient care and operational functions.
- Assists with and coordinates support for Admissions and Discharges for patients.
- Understands the principles of 12-Step Programs and how they apply to the recovery process of the addicted client.
- Assists in hiring, training, and retaining RSS staff.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED REQUIRED
- Associate degree or beyond preferred
- CADC, CRADC or eligible preferred.
- One year experience working in behavioral health and/or addiction treatment.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Always demonstrates appropriate confidentiality when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, and conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
- Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- Time Management: Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his or her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis – 8530 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260